WOLF DEN MEETINGS FOR 2021-2022
- All meetings take place at the Scout House at 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Meeting schedule posted on https://westoncubscouts157.com/calendar/
ABOUT THE WOLF DEN
All boys must earn the Bobcat Badge before they begin working on the Wolf rank.
The Wolf program is for second grade boys. After earning the Bobcat Badge, a boy must do the following to earn the Wolf rank badge:
- Complete each of the six Wolf required adventures with your den or family:
- Complete at least one Wolf elective adventure of your den or family’s choosing from this list: Adventures in Coins, Air of the Wolf, Code of the Wolf, Collections and Hobbies, Cubs Who Care, Digging in the Past, Finding Your Way, Germs Alive!, Grow Something, Hometown Heroes, Motor Away, Paws of Skill, Spirit of the Water
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.
For each required adventure completed, a boy will receive an Adventure Loop imprinted with a picture in color. For each elective adventure completed, a boy will receive an Adventure Loop imprinted with a monochromatic picture.
After earning the Wolf Badge, a boy may continue to work on the Wolf elective adventures until he crosses over into the next level of Scouting.
There are also other awards that Wolves can earn either individually or with their den. These include:
- BSA Emergency Preparedness
- Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award
- Cub Scout World Conservation Award
- Shooting Sports
- Cub Scout Religious Emblems Program (based on your religious affiliation)
- Nova Awards
- Dr. Luis W. Alvarez Supernova Award
Den meetings along with parental participation will walk boys through the steps needed to accomplish these tasks. See the Cub Scout Wolf Handbook for the detailed requirements.