TIGER DEN MEETINGS FOR 2021-2022
- All meetings take place at the Scout House from 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Meeting schedule posted on https://westoncubscouts157.com/calendar/
ABOUT THE TIGER DEN
Boys must earn the Bobcat Badge before they begin working on the Tiger rank.
The Tiger program is for first grade boys and their adult partners. After earning the Bobcat Badge, a boy must do the following to earn the Tiger rank badge:
- Complete each of the six Tiger required adventures with your den or family:
- Complete at least one Tiger elective adventure of your den or family’s choosing from this list: Curiosity, Intrigue and Magical Mysteries; Earning Your Stripes; Family Stories; Floats and Boats;Good Knights; Rolling Tigers; Sky Is the Limit; Stories in Shapes;Tiger-iffic!; Tiger: Safe and Smart; Tiger Tag; Tiger Tales; Tiger Theater
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.
For each required adventure completed, a boy will receive an Adventure Loop imprinted with a picture in color. For each elective adventure completed, a boy will receive an Adventure Loop imprinted with a monochromatic picture.
After earning the Tiger Badge, a boy may continue to work on the Tiger elective adventures until he crosses over into the next level of Scouting.
There are also other awards that Tigers can earn either individually or with their den. These include:
- BSA Emergency Preparedness
- Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award
- Shooting Sports
- Cub Scout Religious Emblems Program (based on your religious affiliation)
Den meetings along with parental participation will walk boys through the steps needed to accomplish these tasks. See the Cub Scout Tiger Handbook for the detailed requirements.