BEAR DEN MEETINGS
All meetings take place at the Scout House at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019
ABOUT THE BEAR DEN
All boys must earn the Bobcat Badge before they begin working on the Bear rank.
The Bear program is for third grade boys. After earning the Bobcat Badge, a boy must do the following to earn the Bear rank badge:
- Complete each of the six Bear required adventures with your den or family:
- Complete at least one Bear elective adventure of your den or family’s choosing from this list: A Bear Goes Fishing, Bear Picnic Basket, Beat of the Drum, Critter Care, Forensics, Grin and Bear It,Make It Move, Marble Madness, Roaring Laughter, Robotics,Salmon Run, Super Science, A World of Sound
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.
For each required adventure completed, a boy will receive an Adventure Loop imprinted with a picture in color. For each elective adventure completed, a boy will receive an Adventure Loop imprinted with a monochromatic picture.
After earning the Bear Badge, a boy may continue to work on the Bear elective adventures until he crosses over into the next level of Scouting.
There are also other awards that Bears can earn either individually or with their den. These include:
- BSA Emergency Preparedness
- Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award
- Cub Scout World Conservation Award
- Shooting Sports
- Cub Scout Religious Emblems Program (based on your religious affiliation)
- Nova Awards
- Dr. Luis W. Alvarez Supernova Award
Den meetings along with parental participation will walk boys through the steps needed to accomplish these tasks. See the Cub Scout Bear Handbook for the detailed requirements.